Hope you all had a nice Halloween. We had such a lovely day and night. I cooked a delicious homemade chicken curry & our pals Gary and Jenny came over for dinner. There was so many children in our estate, it was great. Some great little costumes. Sean took it to the next level with a grave in the front garden. See my Instagram stories for more. Next year he said he is going for a red light in the hallway and fog machines in the garden. I’ve never met someone so obsessed with Halloween.
Anyway back to the post. I constantly get asked about New York City, what to do and where to go. I’ve been to New York a good few times now and every time I go I just love it even more. I absolutely love the city and the buzz about it. I’ve put together some amazing and fun things to do in New York when you are there. I hope you love it and enjoy it as much as I do. I can’t wait to go back in a few weeks time and bring my mum for the first time. She is going to absolutely LOVE it 🙂
THINGS TO DO
- Cycle over Brooklyn Bridge
- Walk around Central Park or Ice Skate in the winter
- Walk the High Line
- See Times Square at night. It’s WOW.
- Visit St Patrick’s Cathedral and light a candle. What a beauty!!
- Another place to visit is St. James Church
- For the best views of New York city from a building, go to TOP OF THE ROCK. You won’t be disappointed.
- Go to the 9/11 Memorial Museum. It really is an experience to see it first hand.
- See a show on Broadway
- Go visit the Statue of Liberty
- If you’d love Sex in the City, then do one of their tours which brings you around all the fabulous spots from the show
- Visit the The Metropolitan Museum of Art and get a photo just like from Gossip Girl
- Go see Grand Central Station
- If you’re there at Christmas, go see the tree at the Rockefeller Ice Rink
- Get a helicopter ride around the city for the ultimate views. If you’re brave enough, do an OPEN door helicopter ride.
FOOD & DRINK
- Food in the Revolving restaurant in Times Square called The View. Personally in the daytime when you can see the whole city.
- A drink and a wander around The Plaza Hotel
- Cocktails at The Standard Hotel Rooftop
- Breakfast at Ellen’s Stardust Diner
- Lunch at The Loeb Boathouse
- Brunch at Sarabeth’s near Central Park
- The Chelsea Market has some of the nicest food ever! Go try it for yourself
I won’t lie, New York for me isn’t a place I generally shop. I do a lot of my shopping in the likes of Orlando or Miami in the huge shopping centres. New York does have two outlets that you can go too. I personally prefer Woodbury Common over Jersey Gardens however you can really get bargains in both. I got a $489 watch for $150 last time I was there and it was beautiful.
- Saks on 5th Ave for their windows alone. It’s incredible at Christmas and well worth having a look.
- Westfield Shopping Centre has loads of different brands
- Tiffany’s on 5th Ave. Worth it just for a look
- Jersey Gardens OUTLET
- Woodbury Common OUTLET
- Sephora or Ulta for makeup
- Walgreens for Crest Teeth Whitening Strips
Happy holidays everyone 😀
I hope that you enjoy. As I do more around NYC, I will add to this blog post.
Love Aoibhe xxx