Do you hate needles? Do you not like the thoughts of needles? Do you dream of having bigger lips but fear the sight of needles? Well that was me……. I was all of the above until the day I took the plunge and got my lips done for the first time last November. I was thrilled with the results at first but unfortunately my lips took a terrible reaction to the filler used and they went terribly wrong. When I came back from living in France in February, I got the lip fillers removed from my lips by a doctor and all was fine. It could have been a very costly process however the place where I got them done looked after me as my lips were really not in good shape at all 🙁
Fast forward two months and I went for a consultation with Mr who is founder of Beacon Face & Dermatology Clinic in Sandyford. You can read all about Mr. Golchin’s experience HERE. He is one of the best in Ireland for lip fillers so naturally the second time around I knew I was going to go to him. I have been getting facials done at the clinic for over a year now so I was already familiar with the clinic.
The second time around getting lip fillers was a very different process. I was numbed with numbing cream and before I knew it, I couldn’t feel a thing. I was also prepared this time mentally so I knew what was going to happen and when. I was way less nervous than the first time also. The whole procedure with Mr. Golchin was flawless and I was not in pain ONCE. We spoke briefly before the treatment explaining the size etc and he done it exactly as I wanted. I was so happy with the results and cannot wait to go back again.
From getting lip fillers I have learned a lot and this is something I wanted to share with you all. People recommend others for surgeries etc and people put trust in that person so I wanted to tell you my top ten things I feel you NEED TO KNOW before getting them done.
I think people just think of it as a small thing now as so many people have them done now but it’s a massive thing to think about and should not be taken lightly. At the end of the day, you are physically changing something with your face so really think about every aspect of the process.
So what do I think you need to know/think about?
- If your lips are done properly, they should not feel ANY different at all. First time around my lips went very lumpy and I could feel lots of bumps on my lips. This time around you wouldn’t even know I had fillers. They are just as smooth as before and don’t even feel like I have fillers inside.
- Think about why you want lip fillers. Don’t just get them done because ‘everyone’ is getting them done. They are costly, not permanent and will cost money just like any treatment that you need to keep getting re-done. Think about if you can afford them after your first initial procedure.
- Most doctors use hyaluronic acid fillers as they are the easiest and most natural fillers. They last about four to six months however something to think about is if your body is thinner, you will metabolize the formula faster and the fillers won’t last as long. The filler I got this time was Belotero Lidocaine.
- Ten days prior to your procedure I would recommend to avoid painkillers which tend to thin your blood. Thinner blood will make the area more prone to bruising and bleeding.
- There shouldn’t be any recovery time if they are done by a professional. You shouldn’t need 3-5 days off work at all. I had mine done by Mr. Golchin on the Monday and back to work on the Tuesday. I had no major bruising however I did have slight swelling but my lipstick glided on perfectly the next day. The whole thing took about 15 to 20 minutes in total and Mr. Golchin was so gentle the whole time asking if I was ok and if I needed to stop etc.
- You can erase your lip fillers if you don’t like how your lips turn out however this can be costly so make sure when going to someone that they are medically trained to do lip fillers. Hyaluronic acid is not permanent, your doctor can inject an eraser enzyme called hyaluronidase. The enzyme will dissolve the filler in five minutes if you’re unhappy with the results. Personally, I would never go to anyone else but a doctor now for my treatment.
- You will need numbing. Don’t be under any illusion that you wouldn’t need this as I have had both needles & cream now and both times I assure you I’ve needed them. I preferred the cream as it was less needles of course and just much easier. I thought at first the cream might not work as well however I promise it works just as good.
- Make sure you see the product you’re being injected with. During your treatment the product should be taken from the box and unwrapped. Everything should be transparent. You should be able to see exactly what is going on and what is being used.
- Are you ok with the risks that come with getting them done? No matter how incredible your doctor is, there is always a risk. I was completely relaxed with Mr. Golchin and I knew I was in excellent care. His prices reflect this and the quality of his service is amazing. There are always risks involved no matter what like hitting a blood vessel were there may be tissue loss, the risk of infection, allergic reaction, and so on. So be aware, and make sure you know the risks.
- Finally don’t ever be tempted to have your lip fillers at a spa or a beauty salon. A beautician hasn’t had the training that a cosmetic doctor has and they are most definitively not able to prescribe medication or treatment if something were to go wrong. Research your doctor and ask to see the before and after shots for their patients. Some doctors will even show a video of them performing the treatment on someone so you can see the results. I had watch numerous videos on Mr. Golchin’s procedures before I met with him. I saw his before/after shots also so make sure you take them time to review all this before.
These are the main things I think you all should think about and know before getting them done.
If you would like to see Mr. Golchin’s work you can follow him on Instagram @mrgolchin or you can check out the Beacon Face & Dermatology Clinic HERE. Mr. Golchin is also a facial plastic surgeon doing facelifts, rhinoplasty, and brow lifts. The clinic also does hydra facials, botox, chemical peels and much more. I cannot recommend them enough. I am looking into getting anti-wrinkle injections on my forehead as I am quite conscious of the wrinkles of my forehead which are forming and I want to prevent them from becoming deeper. I will keep you posted about this 😉
You can check out my before/after of my lips below. My lips look extremely natural now and most people don’t even know I have lip fillers at all, it’s amazing.
Hope they help some of you 😀
Love Aoibhe xxx
You can FOLLOW TSO on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest[button link=”www.facebook.com/thesecretobsession” color=”#ae26b5″]Facebook[/button] [button link=”www.instagram.com/aoibhe_devlin” color=”#3e38d0″]Instagram [/button] [button link=”www.twitter.com/aoibhedevlin” color=”#cc2d5d”]Twitter[/button] [button link=”www.pinterest.com/aoibhedevlin ” color=”#eb7a37″]Pinterest[/button]