As I changed jobs and I am working in a more air conditioned environment, I knew my skin needed help. I do take care of my skin anyway but I felt I would give it some more TLC than I was currently giving it. I spoke with Julie in the Beacon Face & Dermatology Clinic in Sandyford and she recommended to get a full skin analysis and Hydra Facial to see how I get on. So I took her advice and went in to see Ali. I highly recommend Ali if you are considering going for a Hydra Facial. I immediately felt at ease which is very unlike me as I am so conscious of my skin without makeup. Listen I know it’s no big deal to have no makeup on but I always just feel self conscious anyway.
Ali done a full skin analysis on my skin and told me what areas I needed to work on etc. I had never got one of these done before so with the help of her machine she was able to tell me all about my skin and what I needed to do for it. I was really impressed with this. Ali told me that I had slight sun damage on my skin but nothing major. I always thought it was fine that my foundation had an SPF but little did I know that it’s just not enough. So first thing was I needed to buy myself a decent SPF 50 for my skin for everyday. You are probably reading this thinking, IT’S IRELAND!!!! But guys we need to be wearing an SPF daily in order to protect our skin even if it’s not really sunny. I went out and purchased this Bioderma one below and I am finding it really good so far.
After my skin analysis, Ali brought me to the room where they do their Hydra Facials. She went through exactly what she was going to do on my skin and I have to say I was really excited. This is like no other facial. If you are expecting to be pampered then this is NOT the facial for you at all. It’s really working on your skin to really get the best looking skin you could have possible. The facial is used to remedy the following:
- fine lines and wrinkles
- skin tone
- enlarged pores
- advanced signs of aging
- skin texture
- oily and congested skin
The system they use is called a Vortex-Fusion® serum delivery system which is like no other facial on the market. It cleanses, exfoliates and extracts to remove impurities and dead skin cells while also replenishing vital nutrients including antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid.
There are SIX STEPS to the facial
- Detox – Lymphatic Drainage helps to increase circulation of the lymphatic system. This increases blood flow to the area bringing oxygen to support the cells whilst also bringing fresh clean lymph to restore hydration and tone and firm the skin whilst eliminating toxins.
- Cleansing & Exfoliation – Dead skin cells are gently exfoliated to reveal healthy, new skin whilst simultaneously a serum containing Lactic Acid, Glucosamine and many botanical extracts are delivered deeply to cleanse and nourish the skin.
- Brightening Agent – This gentle glycolic and salicylic solution helps loosen debris from your pores ready for the extraction stage whilst brightening the appearance of the skin.
- Extraction – Effortless and painless extractions helps to remove black heads and draw out impurities in congested areas using a serum of natural salicylic acid and Honey Extract.
- Hydration – HydraFacial Vortex-Fusion technology delivers a cocktail of hydrating Hyaluronic Acid and the most advanced and powerful antioxidants, peptides and multi peptides to replenish the skin leaving it hydrated, plumped up and promoting optimum skin health.
- Rejuvenation – Red and infrared LED light is used to reduce redness and further stimulate collagen. The light also helps the natural production of vitamin D leaving your skin glowing.
Here are some facts about the skin….
So after two facials, what do I REALLY think? And is it worth it?
I absolutely think it is worth it and I would highly recommend it. My skin felt so soft for weeks after it and because I fly, I found it worked wonders for hydrating my skin too. The Hydra Facials start at €150 so considering you can pay up to €90 for a decent facial in a salon, the extra €60 is SO worth it. You wouldn’t need to get these facials all the time, even 4-5 times a year would be fine. I found that my skin felt a lot more hydrated, smooth and my skin tone improved immensely too. My makeup literally glided on my face for weeks after the facial too. I am already looking forward to my next one.
There are so many other treatments that they provide at The Beacon from Laser Hair Removal to Lip Fillers, Browlifts to Eyelid Surgery, Botox to Rhinoplasty and many more so it is well worth checking out. This is a photo of a patient who recently got Botox on her forehead at the clinic. These photos were taken just 7 days apart which I could not believe. I know we all have our own flaws but botox isn’t something that we should hide from. So many people get it done and it’s something I would definitely consider.
TAKEN 7 DAYS APART
I am thrilled with my treatments so far and I am already looking at getting a Chemical Skin Peel done next month and maybe starting to get Laser Hair Removal done too. You can look at all the treatments provided at The Beacon Face & Dermatology Clinic HERE or call the clinic on 01-2136220 to speak with one of the team to book your free consultation.
***NOTE: This was not a sponsored post. I chose to review the facial based on my results.
Love Aoibhe xxx
You can FOLLOW TSO on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest[button link=”www.facebook.com/thesecretobsession” color=”#ae26b5″]Facebook[/button] [button link=”www.instagram.com/aoibhe_devlin” color=”#3e38d0″]Instagram [/button] [button link=”www.twitter.com/aoibhedevlin” color=”#cc2d5d”]Twitter[/button] [button link=”www.pinterest.com/aoibhedevlin ” color=”#eb7a37″]Pinterest[/button]
Snapchat – aoibhedev89