I always get so many people asking about a baking section on TSO. I actually have one under my Lifestyle section of TSO. There you can get some gorgeous recipes but it’s something I want to grow in 2016. I know lots of you enjoy it.
So last week I baked an oreo cheesecake on my Snapchat (aoibhedev89) and so many of you wanted the recipe. Your wish is my command.
Here you go 🙂 This recipe is to make one large cheesecake.
NOTE: Not for someone looking to watch the figure 😉
2 packs of 10 snack pack Oreos
- 1 small packet of digestive biscuits
- 3 tubs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Original
- 4 eggs
- 1 large TB of vanilla essence
- Heat oven to 175C
- Melt butter in the microwave
- Crush 3 packets of 2 snack pack of oreos and the digestive biscuits. Make sure they are all completely crushed. Mix together with the melted butter.
- Place mixture in a round oven proof tin. Press mixture so it is flat on the bottom.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Add sour cream and vanilla essence. Make sure it is blended well.
- Add eggs, one at a time and keep blending.
- If the mixture doesn’t seem thick enough, add a small bit more sugar to thicken.
- Crush the rest of the oreos and add SLOWLY to the mixture.
- Don’t mix it too much as you don’t want the mixture to become brown/black you still want to be able to see the cheesecake colour.
- Pour mixture on top of the base and put in the over. Bake for 1 hour. Take it out and cool. Refrigerate the cheesecake for 3 hours before serving.
It’s as simple as that 🙂
Hope you enjoyed this and I will be back next week with another baking installment 😉
Love Aoibhe xxx