I always get so many people asking about a baking section on TSO. I actually have one under my Lifestyle section of TSO. There you can get some gorgeous recipes but it’s something I want to grow in 2016. I know lots of you enjoy it.
So last week I baked an oreo cheesecake on my Snapchat (aoibhedev89) and so many of you wanted the recipe. Your wish is my command.
Here you go This recipe is to make one large cheesecake.
NOTE: Not for someone looking to watch the figure 😉
2 packs of 10 snack pack Oreos
- 1 small packet of digestive biscuits
- 3 tubs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Original
- 4 eggs
- 1 large TB of vanilla essence
- Heat oven to 175C
- Melt butter in the microwave
- Crush 3 packets of 2 snack pack of oreos and the digestive biscuits. Make sure they are all completely crushed. Mix together with the melted butter.
- Place mixture in a round oven proof tin. Press mixture so it is flat on the bottom.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Add sour cream and vanilla essence. Make sure it is blended well.
- Add eggs, one at a time and keep blending.
- If the mixture doesn’t seem thick enough, add a small bit more sugar to thicken.
- Crush the rest of the oreos and add SLOWLY to the mixture.
- Don’t mix it too much as you don’t want the mixture to become brown/black you still want to be able to see the cheesecake colour.
- Pour mixture on top of the base and put in the over. Bake for 1 hour. Take it out and cool. Refrigerate the cheesecake for 3 hours before serving.
It’s as simple as that
Hope you enjoyed this and I will be back next week with another baking installment 😉
Love Aoibhe xxx