I always love your reaction when I put up photos of my latest baking results.
On the new website I will have a section totally dedicated to baking. So you will be able to click on it and see all my recipes for anything I’ve made and put up on TSO.
My Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Cake is very simple to make. Now one thing, if you make one of my cakes I want you to send me a pic. I’d love to see your results 😉
WHAT YOU NEED
7 Large Eggs
1/2 cup of Caster Sugar
3 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
3 Tablespoons of Self Raising Flour
150g of Stork
300g of Stork
2 1/4 cups of milk chocolate
3/4 Tub of Nutella
1.5 cup of plain wafers
Box of Ferrero Rocher
1 cup of Hazelnut Chocolate
Now your probably thinking WOW!! Yes it is for the CHOCOLATE LOVER which that I definitely am.
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Heat oven at 180 degrees.
2. Whip eggs up in one bowl using an electric whisk and gently add in the sugar. Then slowly add the butter.
3. Sift the cocoa powder and flour.
4. Add the cocoa powder and flour to the other mix.
5. Whisk all this together. You cake mix is ready to rock now. Put it in the oven for 35 mins. Take out to check using a toothpick. If the toothpick is clean then it’s cooked if not put it in for another 15 mins. Make sure that the toothpick is clean before taking out of the oven. The cooking time can all depend on your oven really. 6. Take out of the oven and leave to cool on a rack. The cake must be cool before applying the frosting.
6. When the cake is cooking you can prepare the frosting. Melt the chocolate and stork in a big glass bowl over a pot of boiling water. Gently add the nutella and wait until all is perfectly mixed. I also crush about 6 Ferrero Rocher when it’s melted. Make sure to take the bowl straight off the heat as it needs to cool down immediately.
7. When the cake has cooled down too you then cover the entire cake with the frosting. You REALLY need to make sure that the frosting has also cooled down so I recommend to do the frosting as soon as you put the cake in the oven. So both cake and frosting cannot be hot as the frosting will just run off the cake and we need it to stick.
8. The final steps are the most fun. Crush the wafers and the hazelnut chocolate together in a bowl. As you can see from the photo above, cover the entire bottom part with the crushed mixture. This will stick perfectly to your mixture. After that’s done, pop 8 Ferrero Rocher in a circle on the top of the cake. It’s literally that easy.
9. Wait about 30 mins until the frosting has hardened as it will taste much nicer.
There you have it….
Happy Baking everyone. Any questions just mail me on TSO Facebook Page HERE.
Love Aoibhe xxx